The Encounters South African International Documentary Festival is seeking applications for the position of Film Programmer.
This individual will work alongside the Festival Director and will be responsible for charting the Festival’s artistic vision, including curating the main film programme and developing and implementing its film-related events (year round & Festival). The suitable candidate will have an extensive knowledge of documentary cinema and the local and international industry landscape.
- A tertiary qualification in film, media studies or related field;
- At least five years’ experience in the film industry or client relations environment;
- Proven strategic thinking and relationship-building skills;
- Good Communication (written and oral skills);
- Ability to plan and attention to detail;
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Oversee the organisation and selection of films for the Encounters Festival programme.
- Oversee the programming and implementation of Encounters year-round projects.
- Oversee delivery of programme (print and net), including writing content and supervising providers – art, text, stills, layout.
- Assist with Fundraising & Report writing.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key film community professionals.
Candidates must submit the following:
- 2 page CV with 3 contactable references
- 1 page letter of motivation
Applications are to be sent to email@example.com by no later than 24 November 2016.
Compensation commensurate with experience. The successful candidate must be based in Cape Town.