Richard began his film industry career in the first digital audio suite in SA, back in 1991.
After being headhunted, he moved into film editing and trained at Cutaways under two of the country’s top offline editors where he worked for 7 years on high-end TV commercials.
In 2003 Richard branched out into TV drama and features, and has now worked in pretty much every genre imaginable.
His body of work includes:
- Editor on Singleholic, romantic comedy for USA (Independent)
- Edit and grade on the successful Tali’s Wedding Diary for Showmax
- Director’s cuts on Outlander S3, for Sony and Starz
- Editor on Bring It On: Worldwide Cheersmack, for Universal 1440
- Additional editing on Johnny is Nie Dood Nie, award-winning SA film
- Editing on Origins, for Nat Geo USA
- Additional editor on Serpent by Amanda Evans
- Editor on Accident, a French/ SA/ USA feature
- Color grading and online on Action Kommandant, a feature documentary
- Back to School Mom, a film for Lifetime Channel in the US
- Battleground Afghanistan for Nat Geo USA, which was broadcast in 150 countries in 40 languages
- Jamillah and Aladdin, a live action children’s TV series for BBC
- Straight Outta Benoni, The Crazy Monkey movie
- The Flyer, a dv8 film directed by Revel Fox
- Senior editor on Yizo Yizo 3, the award-winning SABC drama series
- Local and international feature films
- High-end TV Commercials for top local and international directors
- The award-winning Spoek Mathambo music video by Pieter Hugo
Apart from editing, Richard is also a digital workflow consultant, post supervisor and colorist on many of his projects.
He lives in Cape Town with his wife and two daughters and plays a lot of squash in his spare time.